Wednesday, June 19, 2013


The watermelon dresser.  This dresser was a freebie, great quality, an Ethan Allen; that I just had to go crazy on.  I could have simply painted it white, shabbied it up and called it a day, but no.  I apologized to Sheri as these funky dressers always take longer to find homes.  But,  every once in awhile I need to  break out of the box. :)  I had purchased wrapping paper with a similar design and attempted to decoupage it on the drawer fronts.  The paper was high quality and thick and soon began to bubble.  I love to decoupage, but always have better luck with thinner paper.  My next attempt will be fabric on furniture, but that's a different day.  So, I decided to free hand the zig zag design.  It was lots of fun to do, but at one point I almost chickened out and sanded off the whole design.  And that's when I decided it was perfect.  The sanding/distressing toned it down just enough(sort of). I changed out the old pulls with some new and vintage, and painted them all in copper to match the warm wood tones of the dresser.  Linking up with http://missmustardseed.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment